The following railroad mileage chart also serves as a table of contents for the detailed rail-trail information and associated pictures. Each page begins with the historic name of the former railroad station, and continues with available information about the trail on either side of that railroad station, to a point roughly half-way to the next railroad station.
* = Railroad Miles from Ayer
Svc.: (in 1923) T=Telegraph, F=Freight Accounts, P=Passenger tickets
Italics = beyond the limits of the current Rail-trail proposal
Dark face = Depot presumably present in 1923
Mileage and Station Names from the Official List of Officers, Agents and Stations of the Boston & Maine Railroad, July 1,1923.
Text and map from a brochure published in 1998 outlining plans to pave the rail-trail between Heywood and Winchendon.
Note that the map shows a completed section of trail along the east shore of Crystal Lake. Note that east shore path is excluded from the detailed trail coverage of this Web Site since it is not a rail-trail!
A brief history of the Boston, Barre & Gardner was published as Article #37 in The Rail Lines of Southern New England by Ronald Dale Karr, published by Branch Line Press in 1995.
Add Language Translation to your browser from the Babel Fish Tool page from AltaVista:
Mettez un traducteur franšais dans votre browser des poissons de Babel.
Setzen Sie einen deutschen ▄bersetzer in Ihre Datenbanksuchroutine von den Babelfischen.
Mettere un traduttore italiano nel vostro browser dai pesci de Babele.
Ponha um tradutor portuguese em seu browser dos peixes de Babel.
Ponga un traductor espa˝ol en su browser de los pescados de Babel.